To request information on the application process, click here
Qualifications for Admission
- Respect of others and school property.
- Willingness to work hard, take a heavy academic load, do homework every night and weekend.
- Desire to go to a four-year college or university and take all the required courses to get there.
- Score at or above grade level on standardized tests.
- Good conduct record from previous schools.
About Our Alumni
- More than 500 students have graduated from Chinquapin Prep in 45 graduating classes, the first in 1975.
- 95% of our graduates have attended college
- 85% of our alumni have graduated from a four-year college or are on target to graduate
Our alumni have attended the following colleges and universities:
Bethany, Bowdoin, Brown, Bryn Mawr, Carleton, Colby, Colorado College, Columbia, Drake, Drexel University, Duke, Evergreen State, Georgetown, Harvard, Hendrix, Howard, Knox, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Middlebury, Morehouse, Northland College, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Occidental, Our Lady of the Lake, Pomona, Prairie View A&M, Purdue, Reed, Rice, Sam Houston, Santa Clara, Smith, Southwestern, St. Edward’s, St. Mary’s, St. Olaf, St. Thomas, Stanford, Texas A&M, Texas Christian, Texas Southern, Texas Tech, Trinity, University of Houston, University of Pennsylvania, University of Texas at Austin, University of Texas at Dallas , University of Texas at San Antonio, The University of Virginia, University of Wisconsin, Villanova, Wellesley
*If you have a child with a serious behavioral problem, please contact the DePelchin Children’s Center (formerly Houston Child Guidance Center) at (713) 730-2335.