Dear Chinquapin Community-
Happy Summer! This announcement is to serve as a reminder and to provide a potential service for the Chinquapin community. As you know, having a full year of distance learning took quite the toll on everyone. We are in the process of seeking information in order to host a Mobile COVID Vaccine Unit on campus during material swap day. If you’re interested in participating, please complete the vaccine interest survey. Using the data provided will determine whether the unit comes to campus, and having responses by Thursday, June 3, 2021 will help ensure the likelihood of this service being available.
On Monday, June 7, 2021, Chinquapin will have morning and afternoon blocks of time when you can come to campus, drop off any materials you have, and collect end of year items. Please make sure to bring tuition payments, books, and any other borrowed items to finalize student accounts for 2020-21. (Keep in mind, if accounts are cleared, report cards, transcripts, and other end of year letters will be mailed by June 15, 2021). If there is still a balance on your account, please pay by using the following:
- Online payment with credit card or echeck by visiting: https://chinquapin.org/tuition-payment/
- Phone payments by contacting Marlyne Plata at (409) 234-3688 or (281) 426-5551 10:30 am – 2:30 pm Mondays-Fridays. If you aren’t able to reach her, please leave a voicemail with your name, student’s name, and reason for calling.
For balance information, text “TUITION” to (409) 234-3688
If your student has a Chromebook, they will not have to return it. The IT Director can remotely update Chromebooks; therefore, there’s no need to return your device. All other laptops, chargers, and cases will need to be returned. If you have questions about whether you need to return your device, please contact Jeremy Duncan at email@example.com.
Please see the attached Student Materials Swap Packing List for a detailed list.
End of Year Close Out Schedule
The schedule for drop-off/pick-up times is as follows:
- 6th and 7th grades 9:00 am-10:30 am
- 8th and 9th grades 10:00 am-11:30 am
- Lunch 11:30 am-1:00 pm
- 10th and 11th grades (will need to return laptops) 1:00 pm-2:30 pm
- 12th grade and any sibling groups missing 2:00 pm-3:30 pm
Keep in mind, all summer assignments that need to be handed out will be available at this time. If assignments are digital, teachers will send them directly to students using their Chinquapin email address.
Faculty and Staff, wearing masks, will be present to guide you through our drop-off and pick-up station for your material swap. The material drop-off/pick-up station will be located outside the Chinquapin office.
In order to keep everyone safe, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- If you are able to do so, please limit the number of individuals who accompany you.
- Everyone who comes onto campus must wear a mask.
- Enter campus only during your student’s scheduled time block in the End of Year Close Out Schedule, below.
- Families with students in multiple grade levels should pick up and drop off any materials for all of your Chinquapin students at the highest grade level time slot or during the siblings time slot. (Seniors have a special time, so please make sure seniors come at your assigned time.)
- No one will be allowed to exit vehicles for any reason. No exceptions. (If a Mobile COVID Vaccine Unit is available, there will be a designated area on the west side of campus with safety instructions and protocols in place.)
Dorothy Scrutchin, Ed.D.
Attachment: Student Materials Swap Packing List
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Chinquapin Preparatory School does not discriminate in admissions, hiring or firing of faculty/staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services against any individual on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (gender expression), marital status, age, disability, race, color, national or ethnic origin (ancestry), military status, or religion (creed) in any of its activities or operations in accordance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Chinquapin is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our Board, faculty/staff, students/families, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and donors. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Under Title IX, discrimination on the basis of sex can include sexual harassment or sexual violence such as rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, and sexual coercion. Chinquapin Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of sex in education programs and/or activities, admissions, or employment. Any member of the Chinquapin community should promptly report any instances of discrimination, harassment, or violence.