Chinquapin Preparatory School currently runs a mixed-platform environment, with Linux clients, Windows clients, and Apple clients. Our Internet services are filtered for content and adhere to CIPA regulations.
Chinquapin currently has a 1.2 student to computer ratio and a .64 student to mobile device ratio.
Chinquapin provides up to 20 netbooks to girls who establish a need as outlined in the Girls Netbook Loan Policy. These netbooks come with built-in 3G/LTE wireless Internet and are meant for girls who do not have Internet access off campus.
Tech Help for Students
- Want to check your grades online?
- Forgot your password for the computers or your e-mail account? – contact the IT Director
- Student Acceptable Use Policy (All students)
- Student Personal Computer AUP (Only students who plan to bring their own computer to campus)
- Chromebook Loan (Only students who are issued a Chromebook)
- Student Equipment Checkout (only for Juniors and Seniors – requires teacher approval and signature)
Tech Resources for Students and Parents
None of these services is monitored and/or affiliated with Chinquapin Preparatory School. End User agreements are between the end user (you the student, and/or website guest) and the company or entity who owns the product listed.
- Comcast offers affordable Internet service to low-income families.
- Free Mac Apps:
- Free Windows Apps:
- Dropbox allows students to store up to 5GB of personal files online free
- Google Drive also allows students to store up to 5GB of personal files online free
- Comp-U-Dopt is a non-profit organization that provides refurbished computers to children from under-served communities in the Greater Houston Area.
- Freedom Pop is the nation’s first wireless Internet provider committed to delivering 100% FREE 4G mobile broadband Internet access. They require a small, refunable deposit for wireless equipment.