Chinquapin Preparatory School currently runs a mixed-platform environment, with Linux clients, Windows clients, and Apple clients. Our Internet services are filtered for content and adhere to CIPA regulations.
Chinquapin currently has a 1.2 student to computer ratio and a .64 student to mobile device ratio.
Chinquapin provides up to 20 netbooks to girls who establish a need as outlined in the Girls Netbook Loan Policy. These netbooks come with built-in 3G/LTE wireless Internet and are meant for girls who do not have Internet access off campus.
Tech Help for Students
- Want to check your grades online? Visit chinquapin.powerschool.com
- Forgot your password for the computers or your e-mail account? – Contact the IT Director
- Student Acceptable Use Policy (All students)
- Student Personal Computer AUP (Only students who plan to bring their own computer to campus)
- Chromebook Loan (Only students who are issued a Chromebook)
- Student Equipment Checkout (only for Juniors and Seniors – requires teacher approval and signature)
Tech Resources for Students and Parents
None of these services is monitored and/or affiliated with Chinquapin Preparatory School. End User agreements are between the end user (you the student, and/or website guest) and the company or entity who owns the product listed.
- Comcast offers affordable Internet service to low-income families.
- Free Mac Apps:
- Free Windows Apps:
- Dropbox allows students to store up to 5GB of personal files online free
- Google Drive also allows students to store up to 5GB of personal files online free
- Comp-U-Dopt is a non-profit organization that provides refurbished computers to children from under-served communities in the Greater Houston Area.
- Freedom Pop is the nation’s first wireless Internet provider committed to delivering 100% FREE 4G mobile broadband Internet access. They require a small, refunable deposit for wireless equipment.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Chinquapin Preparatory School does not discriminate in admissions, hiring or firing of faculty/staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services against any individual on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (gender expression), marital status, age, disability, race, color, national or ethnic origin (ancestry), military status, or religion (creed) in any of its activities or operations in accordance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Chinquapin is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our Board, faculty/staff, students/families, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and donors. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Under Title IX, discrimination on the basis of sex can include sexual harassment or sexual violence such as rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, and sexual coercion. Chinquapin Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of sex in education programs and/or activities, admissions, or employment. Any member of the Chinquapin community should promptly report any instances of discrimination, harassment, or violence.